Thursday, March 24, 2016

Small Steps

Behold the might of best looking game ever!
So, I set myself a goal yesterday to start off slow but I think it was bit of an understatement to do just energy bar. I did a vertical energy bar to any character or object in game that can receive damage or healing and after that I made simple character controller with a Spine integration. So behold, now I have a moving.. uh square I guess? With rounded corners? Okay that's the usual prototype look. It's a good idea to work on mechanics and other interactive parts for the game before doing the graphics. Game play is the king and rest of the game doesn't matter if game play is bad. Since game play also dominates which graphics you need there's no point in making tons of graphical content that you might not end up using.

No comments:

Post a Comment